WHO AM I?
I am Amit Kukreja. I am a fee-only financial advisor, registered with SEBI as an Investment Adviser – Individual and with FPSB India as a Certified Financial Planner (CFPCM). I am also a Certified Financial Transitionist (CeFT®), registered with the Financial Transition Institute in Florida.
WHAT DO I DO?
I specialize in managing double-income families where two strongly opinionated individuals may come in the way of their collective financial well-being. I also specialize in helping people manage their money when they are going through planned or unplanned changes (called Transitions) in their lives like a divorce, loss of a job, major career change, marriage or re-marriage, sale of a business, loss of an earning member in the family, retirement or a pre-mature retirement. The transitions in my own life have given me deeper understanding and experience that sometimes makes it easy for me to coach people who are going through their own transitions.
I have been a financial advisor since 2011. Financial advisory is my second career. My previous career was in Information Technology space for about 15 years, specializing in consulting & relationship management, accounts management, delivery of cost-effective, complex, high-performance technology solutions in a globally distributed delivery environment. As an accomplished results-driven delivery leader, I was fortunate to strengthen my relationship management, advisory and consulting skills. Having lived in the US, Singapore, UK and China for several years, I chose to settle down in India in 2003. It was in 2010 when I realized that I need to be on my own pursuing, with passion, my purpose of helping people create a balance of wealth and happiness.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS MEAN FOR ME?
Success for me is
- helping my clients realize their potential using money as one of the resources.
- aligning the client couple on the topic of money.
- creating the balance of wealth and happiness for my client families.
- making people financially savvy through my TV shows, radio programmes and digital initiatives.
WHAT IS MY SUCCESS STORY?
I manage the wealth of over 75 happy families based in various cities in India, in a fee-only fiduciary capacity. Most of my clients are couples who are senior executives in their professional careers. Some of my clients are also going through transitions in life.
I am also a proud member of few associations namely
- Association of Registered Investment Advisors (ARIA)
- Financial Planners Guild of India (FPGI)
- BNI Gurugram
- ARIA – Board of directors
I appear on ETNow’s The Money Show, Bano Apna Finance Minister, Zee Business channel’s Money Guru & Mutual Funds Helpline , CNBC Awaaz’s Your Money, CNBC TV18’s Money Money Money show, NDTV channel’s Let’s Talk Money, Manage Your Money, The Property Show, Property India, Paisa Vasool, and Get Started in the Markets, to advise the viewers on their financial decisions.
I also do money segments on AIR FM Gold (Delhi) and RadioOne 94.3FM (Delhi).
I also write for several leading publications like Mint Money, Business Standard, MoneyControl.com, Financial Planning Journal, Outlook Money and Economic Times Wealth.
WHAT ARE MY PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS?
- Post-Graduate Program – Investment Advisory (NISM, 2022)
- Certiﬁed Financial Transitionist (Financial Transitionist Institute, USA, 2020)
- Registered Investment Adviser (SEBI, Reg. #: INA100000051, 2013)
- Certiﬁed Financial Planner (FPSB India, Reg. #: 50030, 2011)
- Diploma in Financial Planning & Wealth Management (XIM-Bhubneswar, 2011)
- Master of Information Systems & Information Management (USA, 1998-2000)
- Bachelor of Engineering – Computer Science (India, 1992-1996)